How did Rummy become so popular? – Fun88
Rummy – Fun88
Rummy games: One of the most popular in India – Fun88
Rummy has become popular in India and around over the world. People like Rummy since they prefer the “draw and discard” structure. Moreover, this card game confirms that we must get rid of all the cards that they are getting in their hands with the alternatives to form either sets or runs. According to reliable sources, this is the third most popular game worldwide.
According to historians, the original poker games had evolved and then, Rummy was released, and you can see that both games seem to be alike since both card games are often combined in same manner and further both shares the same concepts of sequences and groups. Conforming to several theories: “Rummy was basically developed from a game called Whiskey Poker which later converted as Rum Poker, and gradually just Rum and ultimately the Rummy".
On the other hand, there is another theory that explains Rummy origin, this is called the “Chinese Theory” which confirms that Rummy dates back to the 18th century in the East Asian origin, having similarities with 'The Chinese Mahjong Game'.
And finally, there’ is the “Spanish or Conquian Theory” which indicates that Rummy games origin took place in Spain, where people used to play “Conquian”, a game that Spanish people introduced while immigrating west. Experts say: “history further confirms that this game is the ancestor of all Rummy games, and shows its similarity with the most accepted modern game of Gin Rummy”.
Gin Rummy is the game variant that was invented in New York New York during the first decade of the 20th century. Conforming to the various trustworthy sources it is confirmed that the name Gin Rummy have originated from its inventor's likings of alcoholic (Gin) drink. Furthermore, this game gained massive popularity during 1930s and 1940s, as it was adopted by Hollywood's elite and famous movie stars.
Rummy popularity increased during the great depression years when people were lacking financial resources and there was no alternative rather than accepting the indoor entertaining alternatives. Some other variants of this card game also appeared during the same time, such as 'Contract Rummy'.
Nowadays, people in India and around over the world can play Rummy and other similar games online. This rising popularity of Rummy also proves that it will continue increasing at online casinos like Fun88 since online activities have become popular in the last months due to the pandemic and the lockdowns.
How to play Rummy at Fun88 or any other online casinos
If you want to become into a Rummy expert, you must be aware about the rules. Also, you need to choose a reputable online casino like Fun88 app that offers casino games such as Rummy and many more.
First, the game of Rummy is played with 52 French cards and involves 2, 3 or 4 players, the main objective of Rummy is to be the first to finish the cards. When playing at Fun88, players combine and discard cards during the game. It is necessary to make a group of 3 consecutive cards of the same suit or of the same value.
Rules about players and card values- Fun88 app
- ✅ In Rummy all players play for themselves, there are no teams. The game uses the 52 cards from the standard French deck. Depending on the game options, the Low Ace or High Ace rule applies:
- ✅ In Low Ace, the range of cards in which sequences can be formed is: A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K.
- ✅ In High Ace, the range of cards in which sequences can be formed is: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A.
- ✅ The value of the cards to calculate the score of the hand have the following order: Face cards (K, Q, J) are worth 10 points each.
- ✅ Aces are worth 1 or 15 points, depending on the session options (Low Ace or High Ace, respectively).
- ✅ Numeric cards are worth their face value; for example, a six is worth 6 points, a four is 4 points, and so on.
Dealers – Fun88
The first dealer is selected at random and then, player hand is the next one in clockwise direction and it is dealt. The number of cards dealt depends on the number of players:
- ✅ 10 for 2 players
- ✅ 7 for 3 and 4 players
- ✅ After the cards are dealt, the remaining cards form the Draw Deck.
- ✅ The top card of the Draw Deck is placed separately face up, forming the beginning of the discard pile.
Playing cards and steps – Fun88
Players take turns clockwise, starting with the player to the left of the dealer. Each turn consists of the following parts:
- ✅ Draw: The player must start by taking a card from the top of the Deck (without showing it to other players), or from the top card of the Discard Pile, and add it to his hand.
- ✅ Combine: If the player has a valid group or sequence in his hand, he may place one of those combinations face up on the table. The player may discard one or more combinations in a turn. Combine is optional; players are not required to, even if they can.
- ✅ Place: The player may add cards to groups or sequences already melded on the table. There is no limit to the number of cards a player may lay in a turn. Identically to when melding, laying is optional; players are not obligated to do so, even if they can.
- ✅ Discard: At the end of the turn, the player must discard a card from his hand and place it on top of the discard pile face up:
- ✅ If in this turn the player took a card from the discard pile, it is not allowed to discard the same card in the same turn. Discarding it in the next turn is allowed.
- ✅ It is allowed to discard the card that was drawn from the Deck.
- ✅ If after discarding there are no more cards in the player's hand, the player becomes a winner.
- ✅ If, while playing, the stock runs out, the next player can choose to draw from the discard pile or turn over the discard pile to form new deck. After forming the new deck, the top card is drawn to make the new discard pile, just as after the deal.
If you plan your turns carefully, you can win a round, getting double points. To announce Rummy, during your last turn you combine or discard all your cards (except one), and then discard your last card. Note that you can only do this if you have not melded or discarded any cards in your previous turns.
When the round ends because the cards are used up for the second time, the winner is the player whose hand has the lowest value. In this case, the value of the losing hands is reduced by the value of the winner's hand. Then, the values calculated in this way are added together - this is the number of points scored for the winner.
The game continues until one of the following situations occurs (depending on the setup): A player reaches the winning score. Then, the agreed number of rounds has been played. The player with the most points will win the game.
Playing Rummy at Fun88 – Live casino
Want the excitement of being on a live casino floor, a real gaming table, a real live dealer, many players and all the action in real time? When you play online at Fun88's Live Casino – you will enjoy the gaming excitement of a live casino floor! Available effortlessly on your screen – be it your desktop or a mobile phone, testing your luck meter as you play live casino at Fun88 is just a few clicks away.
Bet on having the time of your life as you throw down your chips, watch the roulette ball bobble and hold a winning flush of cards with Rummy as you enjoy the thrills of a live casino online. Whether you are a seasoned card player or a curious newbie, play live casino as you enjoy the dynamic energy, the seamless gaming and the classy playground set up with over 200 games like Rummy just for you by fun88’s industry-leading team.
Fun88 is powered by Superspade, Ezugi, Evolution Gaming, Microgaming and Playtech, fun88's live casino boasts of gaming tables that offer Live Roulette, Blackjack and Baccarat along with Andar Bahar and Teen Patti.
As the personalized gaming fun88 experience unfolds on the floor of Fun88 app live casino, our live dealers interact with cards and tables. Since the videos of the games are streamed live and transmitted real time, you can be sure that gaming is fair, transparent, and randomized. So, if you want to enjoy the best of online casino games, visit fun88 app now!
Recommended articles about Fun88:
The secret behind a good casino player - odds
Experience many attractive games and gifts while playing online Casinos